“Number 1” manufacturer’s logistic partner
Specialised in the supply of integrated logistics services in the Grocery world.
We assist customers in strategic supply chain choices with specific know-how and technologies.
We create “tailor made” logistics projects for our customers, always in line with market evolutions.
Timeliness, flexibility and extensive coverage distinguish our service quality: we assist every distribution channel specifically, based on the requested service.
A leader’s evolution
1997: NUMBER 1 was founded with 1 customer, 15 employees and 9 controlled sites.
Today: NUMBER 1 is the grocery leader with 311 million turnover, over 60 customers, 322 direct labour employees and 2,000 indirect labour employees, 65 controlled sites.
- 7 HUBS (Milan, Parma, Rome, Caserta, Catania, Cagliari, Verona)
- 37 Transit Points, of which 9 direct
- 21 factory warehouses
- 500,000 covered square metres
- 12,600 items handled
NUMBER 1 in brief
All the numbers of number 1:
- 311 million Euro turnover in 2014
- 322 direct labour employees
- 2,000 indirect labour employees (in addition to its distribution network, Number 1 also manages various customers’ factory warehouses)
- 17.4 million quintals of total volumes delivered
- 1,700 vehicles
- 480 owned semi-trailers
- 150,000,000.000 kilometres travelled in a year
- 1,730,314 deliveries completed
- 100,000 customers serviced (including CEDI, Retail, Horeca, Pharmacies and Pet Food).
Why Number 1
Maximum Grocery and FMCG logistics service standards
Specialised by distribution channel: LRT, normal trade, pharmacies, ho.re.ca., ice cream parlours.
Specialised in supply chain integration.
Partner in the optimisation of the customer’s logistic chain and process integration
“Tailor made” logistics projects to meet specific customer needs
Investments in technological and process research and development to increase effectiveness and efficiency and reduce environmental impacts
Specific event product campaign know-how, with the ability to manage season peaks and intense stock and flow periods.